Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Barry Hinson tirade after Murray State basketball game

I get it, but maybe not..., my tongue is in my cheek, but maybe not...

If you are a NCAA basketball follower, you have undoubtedly seen the clip of Barry Hinson throwing was is being called a tirade after his Southern Illinois Salukis lost big to the Murray State Racers.  If you haven't seen the clip, snap over to Bing and google it.  I'm sure you will be able to find a couple hundred pagefuls of references.

Not so fast.  I watched the clip and other than a bunch of sound bites that would be fun to edit into something even more meaningful, I didn't think it held a candle.  Considering some of my more favorite tiraders - Bobby Cox, Don Zimmer, and that guy from Indiana - o yeah, Bobby Knight, Barry was really pretty relaxed and witful (yeah, I know it isn't a real word) enough to come up with some pretty well thought out colorful PG rated language.  Besides, who ever mentions their wife once, let alone 2 or three times in a tirade about a men's basketball team?

I think I even understood most of his comments - wonder where that leave me.  Seriously, those boys are getting a free education for their work.  If they get "paid" for the work they do on the court, maybe they are getting over paid - but what do I know, I didn't see the game.

Maybe it's Barry's history - which I willingly admit I don't know much about.  I've only seen him coach one game and he got walked off the floor by security...


I don't normally stick around for the boring postgame interviews, but maybe I'll head for the press room next time Barry is in the house.  then again, maybe not.

Like that shot of Barry?  Alan Look Photography has more in a Barry Hinson gallery.
 - Chimper


No comments:

Post a Comment